We show ways
- To develop breathing, embochure and play feeling, which lay the foundations for light, effortless and resonant instrument playing.
- To develop musical expression .
Including an exclusive interview about learning with the neurobiologist Prof. Dr. Gerald Hüther.
The DVD shows 5 trumpet workshops for children and young adults ,between the ages of 5 and 20.
The workshops were held in conjunction with the feldenkrais practitioner Annegret Lucke.
The workshops are a combination of trumpet tuition and feldenkrais lessons and in this environment our pupils come to terms with blowing techniques and other musical issues.
- How they explore the relationship between posture, breathing, play feeling and sound and become aware how trumpet playing gets easier
- How the pupils discover the possibilities of musical expression and how they extend their repertoire
- How they develop their own ideas and inspire each other with their new found observations.
Breathing, posture, play feeling, sound Discovering possibilities of musical expression
Coming to terms with different types of articulation
Shoulder blade awareness, – an easy way to hold the trumpet
Communicating within the ensemble Fanfare
The beginning is easy
The first trumpet lesson
Sonatina Von both
Tongue technique and musical expression
Connection between head, jaw, breast and pelvis
Sonatina with piano accompaniment
Communication when playing
Interview with Prof Dr. Gerald Hüther about learning
Price: € 25